While you shouldn’t always indulge your sweet tooth, it’s okay to give in once in a while, as long as you do it right. That’s why we’re in love with Lydia Medina’s Low Calorie Orange Cake recipe. It’s simple and delicious. It uses Stevia instead of white sugar and coconut oil for extra goodness.
- 8 ounces Stevia
- 8 ounces gluten-free flour
- 3 ml coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Juice of 1 orange
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a muffin pan or an 8-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Stevia, eggs, flour, and baking powder.
- Add the oil and mix everything until batter is slightly lumpy but combined.
- Continue to mix softly while adding the orange juice.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until the knife comes out clean.
- Orange cake is delicious plain, or with chocolate or icing. Personally, we love adding a coating of chocolate to our cake for a little extra decadence. However, you can also pour on a thin layer of icing and sprinkles for a little extra pop and fun.