If you’re in the mood for a fast, healthy, and delicious Korean dish without all the calories, then you’ll love the Korean Style Chicken Wraps from Food & Wine. At only 345 calories per serving, it’s a hearty meal packed with flavor and not fat. It’s also perfect if you’re looking to cut back on your carbs.
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 3 pounds skinless, bones, chicken breasts
- Vegetable oil
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 3 scallions, sliced into 2-inch matchsticks
- lime wedges
- In a medium bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, soy, honey, ginger, garlic, chili-garlic sauce, and sesame oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Light a grill. Lightly brush the chicken with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken over a hot fire, turning occasionally, until it’s almost cooked through. The outside should be golden, which takes about 10 minutes.
- Then, brush the chicken with the pre-made sauce and continue grilling for another 3 minutes until the outside is golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a work surface and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting the chicken into strips or mincing it into small cubes (your preference).
- Peel the lettuce into individual leaves for use as buns.
- Allow each guest to make their own sandwich by adding chicken to a lettuce leaf and topping with cucumber, scallions, and a squeeze of lime.
- Note: Extra hoisin sauce can be used to heighten the flavor of the wraps.
Image via Pinterest