This is a recipe from Sara White to indulge our sweet cravings with less the guilt 🙂
"This is a very simple recipe and can be used for breakfast, snack or dessert! This gluten free and vegan recipe leaves you feeling guilt free! It includes two super foods, coconut oil and cacao chips. Flaxseed is a great source of protein so perfect for an egg replacer. "
- 2-3 Very Ripe Organic bananas
- 1/3 cup melted Organic coconut oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon All natural vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon all natural baking soda
- pinch of organic salt
- 1-1/2 cup organic rice flour (or any gluten free flour replacement)
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees and prepare a 4-8 inch loaf pan
- Take the ground flaxseed in a small container, combine with 2 teaspoons water, let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the melted coconut oil into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, flaxseed combination, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour. Add the cacao chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes (check at 50 minutes) at 350°F (175°C), or until -a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.