This delicious Fig Tart is courtesy of Nat Kringoudis.
“I enjoyed the most delicious fig tart at a delightful dinner party with on of my BFF’s last weekend. It was in fact, a greek inspired gorgeous spread. She had made this one pictured above and it was to die for. I’ve modified the recipe to make it a little more healthy”
Knock your guests socks off with this tart!!
- 3 cups of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut butter
- 1 tbs rice syrup (or honey)
- 150gm goats cheese
- 85gm xylitol
- 1/2 tsp grated orange rind
- 3 tsp chopped thyme leaves
- 2 eggs beaten
- 100g almond meal
- 600gm sliced figs
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Scatter thyme to garnish and serve
- Whisk together goats cheese, 15gm xylitol, orange rind, thyme leaves and eggs until smooth. Mix in almond meal.
- Spread goats cheese mix over the prepared almond meal pastry. Place sliced figs on top, overlapping as they’ll shrink once cooked. Sprinkle over some of the xylitol and place in a moderate oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Make a paste with lemon juice and remaining xylitol.
- Once cooked, remove and brush paste over figs