Don’t just make another dinner recipe tonight. Make a dinner that helps you fight fat and rev up your metabolism, so you feel more energized. We think this Maple Salmon with Greens, Edamame, and Walnuts recipe from Fitness Magazine sounds divine.
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 4, 5-ounce salmon fillets
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup cooked and shelled edamame
- ½ cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, shallot, salt, and pepper.
- For the dressing, stir together 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup mixture above with the olive oil and set it aside.
- For the glaze, heat the remaining maple syrup mixture to boiling and then reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until syrupy. Remove from heat and add rosemary.
- Preheat broiler. Place the fish on a greased, unheated rack of a broiler pan and brush with half the glaze. Broil 6 to 7 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn fish over and brush with remaining glaze. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until fish begins to flake.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, edamame, pepper strips, and nuts. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat.
This delicious salmon recipe is just 460 calories per serving and has 33g of protein, 28g of fat (5g saturated), and 3g of fiber.