If you’re looking for a soup that tastes decadent and creamy without all the cream and fat, look no further. The Creamy Corn Soup and Queso Fresco recipe from Skinny Taste is packed with fresh ingredients that give it a sweet-savory finish you’ll love. Even better, each bowl is just 257 calories!
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ½ cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 (6 oz) russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups 1% milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup reduced fat sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz (6 tablespoons) crumbled queso fresco
- Heat a large-sized pot over medium heat. Add oil, scallions, and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the corn (all except 6 tablespoons), potatoes, milk, bouillon, and 1 tablespoon of cilantro to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 30-35 minutes, or until the corn is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the sour cream. Purée in a blender before returning to pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and heat over low heat for 2 – 3 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Pour the soup into 6 bowls and garnish with 1 tablespoon of corn each. Add 1 tablespoon or cheese to each bowl and top with a little fresh cilantro.
Image via Pinterest