An equally healthy and delicious recipe from Catherine Conaboy (IG: @catconaboy) of https://www.facebook.com/easyeverydaynutritionbycconaboy
- 2-3 cups diced pumpkin cooked and mashed
- 1 bunch spinach or silverbeet chopped and cooked in boiling water for a few minutes
- 1 packet of lasagne sheets
- 300-400g chicken, diced and cook in a fry pan.
- 2 cups mixed veges fresh or frozen
- 1 can pasta sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes blended into a puree
- oil spray
- cheese to top
- Pre-heat oven 180°C on fan bake.
- Cook the mixed vegetables in the pasta sauce and then add the chicken.
- Spray a casserole dish with oil and cover the bottom with one layer of pasta.
- Spread half of the chicken and vegetable mixture over the pasta then add another layer of pasta on top.
- Spread half of the mashed pumpkin on top of the second layer of pasta and then spread half of the spinach on top of the pumpkin.
- Place another layer of pasta on the pumpkin.
- Layer with chicken mixture, pasta, pumpkin and spinach and then the last layer of pasta.
- Pour the tomato puree over the top of the last layer of pasta and then top with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30mins until golden brown.
Image via Pinterest