This chicken hot pot is tried, tested and extremely delicious!
Dish up for a dinner party, or cook up a big batch and separate into little freezer containers for mid week meals.
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 4 small chicken breast fillets, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup white wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
- mash potatoes and green beans, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Place flour, and salt and pepper onto a plate. Lightly coat chicken in seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 1 minute each side or until golden. Remove to an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Add onion and garlic to frying pan. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until soft. Add wine. Simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Add tomatoes, olives and rosemary. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cover. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Slice chicken. Place onto plates. Spoon over sauce. Serve with steamed potatoes and beans.