It doesn’t matter if it’s summer, spring, fall, or winter; anytime is a great time for a chai tea latte. It’s warm, homey, and delicious. We particularly adore this homemade chai latte recipe from Live Simply. It’s easy to make, and the perfect compliment to a night by the fireplace or a morning pick-me-up.
- 2 cups water
- 2 bags of our English Breakfast tea
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup chai tea (recipe above)
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- Chai Tea: In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water and spices to a boil being sure to whisk the spices in the water. Once it reaches boiling point, turn off the heat and allow the spices to steep in the water for 5 minutes.
- After the five minutes, turn the heat back on and add the black tea bags and the maple syrup. Return to a slight boil and then immediately turn off the heat again. Allow the tea bags to steep in the water and spices for 5 minutes.
- Then, remove the tea bags and strain the water through a mesh sieve. Reserve ½ of the chai tea for the latte and store the rest in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Latte: In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the milk, maple syrup and cinnamon to a slight boil—be sure to stir often. Once the sides of the milk mixture start to boil, remove the pan from the heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the heated milk until it’s frothy.
- Pour ½ cup of chai tea in a mug and slowly add the frothy milk.
- Sprinkle the top with an extra pinch of cinnamon and enjoy.
Image via Pinterest