This nourishing vegan, gluten free falafels are perfect served in a warm pita with salad or tabouli or simply dipped in tzatziki or hummus! Enjoy!
Recipe from Shelly's Good Eats
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 small onion, chopped finally
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- Add all ingredients, except almond meal, to a food processor then process until smooth (about 3-5mins).
- Add in 1/4 cup almond meal.
- Allow mixture to sit for 20mins to develop flavours.
- Then form into balls, and roll in the remaining almond meal and place on a greased tray.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20-30mins or until golden and the surface begins to crack.