We all have certain parts of our body that we just don’t love. The poorly named, “love handles” aren’t fooling anyone! Not many of us enjoy dealing with handles hanging over the top of our jeans and ballooning out our shirts. Unfortunately, if you have love handles, you know how difficult they can be to get rid of—it seems that no matter what exercises you do, they just stick around. Well, we may have the solution.
- Jogging: Love handles can be hard to treat with specific exercises, but reducing your overall body fat while working your hips, butt, and legs can be effective. Add a three times a week, 30-minute jog to your weekly workout regimen.
- Drink More Water: You can also drink more tea, specifically Tiny Tea, to get rid of those love handles. The more water you drink, the less bloated you’ll be. Plus, water keeps you from drinking soda, alcohol, and other drinks that pack on weight.
- Running Planks: Get into plank position with your hips lifted off the ground and your body weight on your forearms and toes. Keep your spine in neutral and your core tight. Then, start running for 30 seconds. Repeat 4 times. You can also try these other moves from Men’s Fitness.
- Eat a Healthy Diet: Belly and hip fat is, most often, due to overall fat composition. Eating a healthy diet with the right fats, portion control, and unprocessed foods is key to getting rid of those love handles. Get started with our eating plan.
- Reduce Your Stress: Cortisol, the stress hormone, is responsible for visceral fat, that fat that is stored deep and around your internal organs. Stress and fat can be created from extremely low-calorie diets, infection, lack of sleep, emotional trauma, intense exercise, as well as job pressure or relationship trouble. To reduce your stress make sure you’re eating regularly, getting quality sleep, and reducing your alcohol intake.
Image via hither-yon.com