At Your Tea, we’re all about your digestive health. We don’t think you should have to worry about an upset stomach—it’s distracting and takes away from your ability to live your life to the fullest. To help you get rid of your indigestion, we offer these 7 upset stomach remedies.
- Digestive Herbs (formerly Tiny Tea): Try our Digestive Herbs (formerly Tiny Tea) regimen and watch your indigestion disappear as the inner workings of your stomach and intestine improve.
- Ginger: Studies have shown that ginger can be very effective at treating different kinds of upset stomachs. It’s a natural anti-inflammatory and can be enjoyed as ginger ale, in a chew, or in tea.
- Peppermint: Peppermint can help your nausea and upset stomach because the menthol in its leaves is a natural analgesic. Try brewing a cup of Peppermint tea.
- Heating Pad: Nothing is more soothing on your stomach than a heating pad or hot water bottle. So next time your stomach is gurgling, curl up with an electric blanket and wait for the symptoms to pass.
- Rub Your Foot: Using reflexology, you can rub the nerves in the foot to help your stomach. The stomach corresponds to the center arch of the left foot.
- Burnt Toast: It might not sound appetizing, but burnt toast can help settle your stomach as the char absorbs the toxins that are making you feel ill. If you can’t handle the taste, try smearing on a little jelly.
- Caraway Seeds: Caraway seeds are packed with vitamins and minerals, which inhibit the growth of bad bacteria that causes indigestion, gas, or bloating. Nibbling a handful after a meal can help you feel better.
Photo via waxingbyceleste.tumblr.com